A Song for Nature
Photo Credit © Tobias Baumgaertner
Celebrate nature by creating your very own song. We’ve got plenty of help and support.
- nature as shared space with the environment and wildlife
- nature as force
- the nature of things
Why not regularly spend 10 minutes in nature, listening and observing to provide inspiration for your song! Nature can be your back garden, the local park or wildlife area, seafront, a wood or a row of trees on a street etc. Things to consider are:
colours – texture – lines – movement – weather – sounds – effects – light – emotions – thoughts – responses
Going out and about? Make sure to take an adult with you for safety.
A Song for Nature
Create a song for nature an we will add it here.
Christ Church Primary Academy
Take a listen to these lovely creations.
Beautiful Songs from our courses
The aim of using the theme nature is to:
- improve visual awareness, observation and listening skills through nature
- engage fully in our environment and to draw on it for inspiration
- increase a sense of connectedness and wellbeing
- to increase complex thinking through a multi-faceted theme
- to allow access to science through the arts
- engage in local history through the life of Marianne North
Most songs are composed of
- chord structure
The emphasis you give will create your style of song. For instance
- Singer/songwriter – vocals and a single instrument often take centre stage
- Acapella – purely vocals
- Hip hop – vocals and beat are stronger
- Jazz – the instruments are the focus
- Rock’n’Roll – guitar and drums rule
- Folk – the lyrics and story take precedent
- Electronic music – the beat is best, with melody coming from chords or vocals
Try blending authentic sounds into your song!